Data protection conditions
The chief processor of personal data is Kapitali Grupp OÜ (hereinafter KG) (Keemia 4, Tallinn 10616, registry code: 10751440). These data protection terms and conditions are designed to protect the privacy of KG’s past, present and future customers. Consequently, we set out the principles governing the collection, use, storage, transmission and disclosure of customer personal data.
Principles of personal data processing
KG processes the personal data submitted by the Customer in accordance with the requirements established by the applicable law and always proceeds from the interests, rights and freedoms of the Customer when processing personal data.
KG aims at responsible processing of personal data, based on best practice, bearing in mind that it is always ready to demonstrate the compliance of the processing of personal data with the set objectives.
KG all processes, instructions, operations and activities related to the processing of personal data are based on the following principles:
- in the case of the processing of personal data, there is a legal basis for this, such as consent;
- the processing of personal data is fair, in particular by requiring the Customer to have sufficient information and information on how the personal data is processed;
- the processing of personal data is transparent to the Client;
- personal data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes;
- personal data are relevant, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which they are processed. When processing personal data, KG follows the principle of minimum processing and if personal data are not necessary or are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, personal data will be deleted;
- personal data are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date and all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that personal data which are inaccurate in relation to the purpose for which the personal data are processed are erased or rectified without delay;
- personal data is stored in a form that allows the Customer to be identified only as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data is processed. If KG wishes to keep personal data for longer than is necessary due to the purpose of collection, KG shall anonymize the data in such a way that the Customer is no longer identifiable;
- the processing of personal data is carried out in a way that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using reasonable technical or organizational measures;
- KG ensures that all systems used to meet the required technical criteria. Appropriate data protection measures are designed when upgrading or designing any information and data system.
Collection and use of personal data
We consider personal data to be data that has been provided voluntarily by a person and confirmed with written consent. Personal information may include name, telephone number, e-mail, address and other information.
We get some basic data from national registers.
We use personal data only for the purpose intended, which is to provide customers with the latest market information, market overviews, offers and other information related to KG’s activities.
KG does not distribute, transmit, change or use the personal data entrusted to us in any other manner not prescribed, unless there is a corresponding agreement with the customer or if they need to disclose the information arises from the legislation of the Republic of Estonia.
If you receive the above information from us without providing us with your information, please let us know at email@example.com
A person has the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org
Basis and purpose of processing personal data
Consent – based data processing
We process customers’ personal data with their consent. Based on the consent, we send customers a newsletter containing marketing offers and announcements.
Processing of data for the performance of the contract
We process customer data to provide them with a contracted service. We also process personal data for the purpose of billing the service.
We process personal data in order to resolve claims arising from the provision of the service.
To fulfil an obligation arising from law
Fulfilment of obligations arising from the law is data processing, which we are obliged to perform, because we, as a service provider, are required to do so by law.
The objectives are accounting, responding to inquiries from state authorities, mandatory personal identification for the prevention of money laundering, and informing the supervisory authority and the person of violations and suspicions.
Collection and use of non – personal data
Non-personal data are data that cannot be directly linked to a specific person (age, gender, place of residence).
KG uses cookie cookies on its website kapitaligrupp.ee, the function of which is to collect general statistics about the traffic on our website, to speed up the use of the website and make it more convenient for users. This information helps us to update our website and make the information more accessible to you. We do not track the behaviour and movement of individuals on our website.
A cookie is a text file that is sent and stored on a user’s computer by the websites he or she visits. The cookie is stored in the file directory of the user’s web browser. If the User has previously visited the website, the web browser reads the cookie and transmits the corresponding information to the website or element that initially saved the cookie. More information about cookies is available on the website www.aki.ee/et/kupsised.
According to the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data, the data subject has the following rights:
- the right of access to personal data held about the data subject;
- the right to prohibit processing (for example, for direct marketing);
the right to transfer data;
- the right to file a complaint to KG, the Data Protection Inspectorate or a court regarding the processing of data by the chief processor;
- the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning the data subject;
- the right to update your personal data;
- the right to be forgotten (deletion of data).
Term of retention of personal data
We keep the data of potential customers for 6 months, who have requested, for example, price offers or information about services, but have not become a customer.
We store data on customer-related events (consulting, general offers) for 2 years.
We keep contact information and events (order, complaint, incident, debt notification) for 3 years. The cancellation period applies from the termination of the contract.
For 5 years, we retain the data we collect for the purpose of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing. The cancellation period applies from the termination of the contract
We keep accounting data for 7 years (including contracts from their expiration).
We will keep the debt data for 13 years if there is no valid recovery procedure.
Unspecified time limits for the retention of data apply in the case of direct identification of the person and valid contact person and contact person with valid powers.
Third parties who use your personal data in addition to KG
We may pass on information about you to the competent public authorities (eg security and surveillance authorities, including the police, the courts, the alert centre if required to do so by law), or we may pass on your details to the court’s order for payment department if you are in arrears.
General Terms and Conditions of Data Protection and Amendments
By submitting your information to us and using our website, you have read and agreed to our terms and conditions. KG reserves the right to change the general terms and conditions of data protection if necessary.
If you have any questions regarding the data protection conditions, please contact us at email@example.com